Tuesday, November 17, 2009



Watch video on full screen!

This film ended up being personal. Using two characters I wanted to question tall and short, and how height can alter your everyday life. A look at self image. The film is of two roommates who are very different in size and personality. To stay away from a narrative feel I did re-ordering of scenes. More of a collage of images from everyday life that zoomed in on the height gap, questioning what is normal. There is very little sound added to this piece and it is also done in black and white. All the attention was put into the footage taken and the movement of the camera. My goal was for the audience to only focus their attention on the two girls. This being my first video I realize I need more practice on filming and editing. I did like the concept of portraying self-images, and if our height effects our personality. What makes us who we are. Overall there are scenes of daily activities and how they are different for the girls. There are also scenes zoomed in on their faces so the audience can pick up their personalities. And finally a couple images where the girls are looking at themselves in the mirror (examining their self image).

1 comment: