Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Portrait Assignment






Taking portraits for an assignment is something I have never done. I have taking pictures of friends and family in every day to day life, but not for the reason of knowingly making it a portrait. This first photo I selected is of my friend Erin. I wanted to capture a “drunken night.” It is not a very attractive photo but it captures the moment. She is looking, but her eye does not focus completely focus. The blurriness of the photo also adds to a drunken, dizzy feel.
The next photo I selected was of a young girl staring at herself in the mirror. Her reflection also comes out in the background in a back mirror. This photo has many layers. I was also attracted to the all white layout of the photo. Her face is not happy and can be taken as serious, sad, or many other emotions to be interpreted by the viewer. Lastly is my favorite photo. My model is sitting on the floor of a porch looking forward. The textures surrounding her are very earthlike, and contrast her black, cocktail dress. Also the positioning of her body flows with the geometric lines of the architecture. That is why I was drawn to these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment