Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crit #2

For this Critique I was better able to get a grasp on what I am trying to do. Mimicking magazine adds I am emphasizing the role gender takes on in society. It is no secret that females are degraded and sexualized in advertisement. I am taking these roles and flip-flopping them. For this series I took popular magazines or products and changed the gender of the model. I wanted to play with the way the viewer reacted to this difference. How uncomfortable they would feel by these images. They are in complete contrast of the images we have been brought up viewing on tv and magazines. After class the more suttle adds seemed to work best. For example the tommy hillfigure. I think with this round I used too much text.



















No comments:

Post a Comment