Monday, September 20, 2010

Project Purposal

Initia Idea?
For my project I want to explore the ideal “If Women Ruled the World.” I have always taken an interest in art that explored male dominance over women. I want to start incorporating this into my own work, and I feel this concept would be captured best be photography. I plan on creating a series of photographic prints, and giving them a specific order.
Ideas I currently have are broad, but to start I will swap gender roles. I hope to capture how dominant males have become in society by taking pictures of everyday acts (like opening the door, paying the bill, driving the car), but doing a role reversal. I will also explore this topic with some comedy (like a toilet seat chained down to the floor). As of now these images will be from a feminist point of view. Although, I will want to also see how images from the man’s point of view will turn out. I plan to experiment with various elements, depending on the scene I am shooting. Color will be a big factor to this project too. I want this to help convey emotion and the relationship between men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment