Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Art photography after Photography (just the intro had be asking questions)

Does art photography have to be pushed to perfection in "performance, conceptual, critical, and directorial strategies" so it can be considered fine art? To stand apart from the mediums use in everyday society. ..
Personally I was unaware of how far photography can be pushed (narrative, fantasy, performance, history, memory,identity) and even do a better job than other "fine art" mediums. Before this class I had an under appreciation for digital photography. I wonder how many others do to, and how this can be changed?

I have a better understanding of postmodernism photography. But the question I left with: " What do images refer to based on how their put together" ....what is past the surface?

No comments:

Post a Comment