Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quiz 3




Make a posting to your blog reflecting upon the artists/ideas presented in your textbook, and surrounding discussions. Summarize the content that was of most interest to you and/or most relevant to your own studio work – the posting should include at least two images.

I found Rinko Kawauchi’s discussion part in the book of interest. It speaks about how important editing and sequence are with a body of work. My camera is not the best quality and when dealing with a modest set of production it even enhances the selections made. It should be able to tell a narrative with no aiding text. The viewer should be fully nourished after. I need to work on this, but not overcomplicate things.

I also really liked An-My le. This is when I really realized that although we live in a digitized world, the process of photography is very important. The material and physical aspect, because it can alter and direct the way a viewer interprets an image. It helps us remember/learn about the past, and expand on contemporary photography today. I like her link to historical landscape images of war and the aestheticization while drawing attention to the lack of contemporary depiction today. I had never thought of using an historical style to get at a contemporary message. This is a technique I can use in my senior study. I am working on the issue of our current economic issues, but exploring how to do this in a historical style relative to times of other economic downfalls is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment